Daily Spiritual Quote

Daily Spiritual Quote
Spiritual Quote by Srila BV Madhav Maharaj

Tale of the King Nrig and his prayer to Shri Krishna

Once, Lord Krishna's sons visited the forests. There they saw a huge Chameleon fallen in a large, deep well. They tried to pull it out but in vain. The princes, therefore, returned to the palace and related this strange episode to Lord Krishna. Lord Krishna too came to the well and with His left hand, easily pulled the Chameleon out.

As soon as the chameleon came out, it turned into a divine entity and began to worship Krishna.
Shri Krishna and King Nrig
He said: "O Lord Krishna, I am Nrig. The king Ikshvaku was my father. In my life, I had donated uncountable numbers of cows to the Brahmins. But once a cow, donated by me, returned to my cowshed. By mistake, I made a resolution to donate it to another Brahmin. My action led to a dispute between the two Brahmins, and my wisdom failed to settle their dispute. Both the Brahmins went away unsatisfied, but I met this fate after death. Since then, I had been in this well in the form of a chameleon.

Now, by the graceful touch of your hands, O Lord, I have received salvation." King Nrig then went around Lord Krishna and returned to his heavenly abode."

Also read story of Shri Ram and Kevat (boat man):
http://krishnaseva.blogspot.com/2014/05/conversation-between-lord-ram-and-kevat.html

*** Hare Krishna ***